Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yesterday & Today

Yesterday I went to one of my neighbors weeding. It’s was definitely an ‘out there’ wedding in that it was not traditional very much at all, technically the bride and groom were already married because they had got their marriage license a few day s before but, they wanted a ‘wedding’
The oddness starts right from the beginning (btw, the bride & groom are in their 40s). The bride showed up and she seemed a little off, as if she had consumed alcohol before coming. She swayed and stumbled a little. And cried, and kept wiping her face. Well, one of the bride’s friends read the ceremony thing (do you take? - I do, turn, do you take? - I do, that whole thing) anywasy, well, I was turning to talk to Alison and suddenly this thing hits my mom in the head then drops into my hands, out of shock I drop it. At first my mom thought it was a balloon full of something or a dead bird. It wasn’t… it was the bouquet. That I had dropped. I was embarrassed because everybody was looking at me. I must admit though it was a humorous happen-stance. Well I picked up the flowers and tried to offer them to Alison. She said, “nope, they’re yours” and then snickered. The whole evening I had people commenting that I didn’t want the bouquet. Ah it was so embarrassment making. I guess I’m next to get married. Anywho, so then we went inside (the wedding was in another neighbors house & he had a sauna in his room!) the food was good and it was very colorful, one because it’s a ‘spring’ wedding, two because the bride loves bunnies and color, and three because it was the day before Easter. So once everyone was done eating the bride and groom came in to cut the cake. They did. It was very messy. Btw, they had beers outside. Anyway. At that point of the party the majority of the adults were swaying a little and slurring a little. I decided I wanted to go home. So I did. During the party though I was talking to Alison and we decided that she tends to act like the younger sister and I tend to act like the elder. Odd I know. Well when I got home, (my dad had come with me) we tried to find the dyes and stuff for Easter eggs. We couldn’t. due to the fact that my mother has a love for moving stuff around not telling people where she put it, then forgetting where she put it. Well that meant my dad and I had to wait for about an hour for my mom and sister to come home from the party so that we could find the dyes and color our eggs. We did eventually find the dyes. Alison realized there were not 2 dozen eggs but only seventeen. And asked my mom about it because we had recently gotten eggs so there should have been plenty. My mom said the other eggs must have been used because she couldn’t find them. I looked in our hallway refrigerator and low and behold 2 dozen unboiled eggs! Well we decided to let it go and just dye our eggs. It was about 10:30pm at this point so we were all getting a little delirious. Well we dyes our eggs and most off them turned out okay, some… not so much… lets just say that one special egg looked very much like a rock partially covered with dead moss… well then when we were done we all went to bed. Except for me because I stayed up playing FFVII until 3:30am. I though I was going to be able to sleep till 10 but at 8:38am my mom comes bursting into my room. She hops onto my bed nearly smushing me then proceeds to tell me in an almost yell that it was Easter and time to get up. I asked her to be quiet but instead she started to smother me with affection. Let’s just say that in the morning my space bubble isn’t exactly small. Well, I was getting very disgruntled so I made it more apparent that I wanted my mom to go away. She ignored my protests and continued smothering me. Finally, I was able to pull away and groggily say.
“I’m like a cat right now, and it’s like you’re pouring water on me.” I don’t know how my brain came up with that but that is how I felt. Like a cat having water poured on it. Ugh. Well then my sister and I went outside to hunt for our eggs. When we were down to the last one, the hint my parents gave for it was that it was in danger. My first though was ‘oh it must be on the top of my mom’s car’. And it was.
Other than that stuff today and yesterday have been uneventful, but! I finished my outline, caught 6 chocobos and have felt like a model.
The model thing is because at the wedding people kept on complimenting me on how pretty I was and how much they liked my dress. It was very happy making.

No comments:

Post a Comment